Monday, June 8, 2009

Quick Update

I had to work late tonight, so I do not have a grand post to bring to you. My last reference arrived to the seminary today, so the only thing that I lack at this point is for the seminary to receive my church endorsement. The endorsement is to occur next Wednesday, 6/17/09, at the business meeting. I imagine the form will be sent the next day. That would mean that my application could be fully complete by 6/19/09, and could potentially render my acceptance the follow Friday!

Oh! a praise! In all of this, I was a little worried about asking my work for permission to be able to leave at 5:00 (ha, what normal people get to do) two nights a week during the semester. The question was well received, and I was given permission to be able to be absent one night a week. That works out great, because I can supplement the other class that I would have taken by taking advantage of the online course offerings. I am not the biggest fan of online courses. During my masters, I utilized them as well as in my CPA studies. They are good in that if I want to study or do a lecture at 1:00 in the morning, that option is available to me. To answer your question, my sleep schedule gets messed up from work, and quite frequently I get a second wind around 11:00 or so and can typically get a good 3 hours of work in.

Everything seems to be falling into place. I do want to add something new to the blog. Prayer is a strong tool that we have in our arsenal, and if there is anything I can pray about for you, please email me. My email should be listed in my profile. I will add this note to the side as well so it doesn't get forgotten as I add more posts.

God Bless

2 comments:

  1. Isn't that wonderful about them letting you off for classes??? It was so great to talk to you last night..I miss yours and Elisabeth's voices so much.

    Pray for your sisters and that they are able to say a healthy goodbye as we leave here.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shalom,

    Prayer is indeed powerful. As a religious Orthodox Jew - I would like to share with you what the word "hitbodedut" is all about. Visit the link below and scroll for the video. Do enjoy. (Hashem= the name in Hebrew which means
    G-d, the Almighty

    www.lazerbrody.typepad.com/lazer_beams/2007/01/hitbodedut_an_i.html

    visit my site as well.

    ReplyDelete