Sunday, August 9, 2009

More books!

I received my last 2 text books! For Old Testament, I have received:

1. Handbook on the Pentateuch, Hamilton
2. A Survey of the Old Testament, Hill & Walton

Today is a great day, I start my home bible study! I am going to survey the group, but I am not sure what we are going to do. I have plenty of bible studies we can go through. However, the group might just want to study book by book. Tonight I am going to open with my study of the Whole Armor of God.

I have been in a mental struggle lately. I have had some huge life changes in the past 10 days, and I have subconsciencly removed myself a little bit from God. To be honest, I think all of last week while I was at training, I wrapped myself in all worldly activity. I do not think I once separated myself from society, and worshiped and studied God. It feels very cold. It is a feeling of not calling a friend for awhile, and feeling akward to finally call again. I know the Lord loves me, but when I do not stay in Him, I feel unworthy to get back into it. I know I am not alone, but it feels very lonely.

I know that nothing is lost. My saviour loves me, and is with me always.

2 comments:

  1. Yes He is...all the time. You are right we are the ones who step away but He is constant...thankfully! It will get better....love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are definitely not alone, brother. This is a battle I have lost many times, unfortunately. After not working on my life with God for awhile, and removing myself as you have lately, I feel awkward about starting back up and feel like I need to fix myself before going back to him, which is silly because the whole point is that only he can fix me, or keep me going. Fight that feeling, and take the first step to your relationship!

    Best wishes for the home study. I had some sailors over today and it was amazing. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete