Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Rules of Seminary

Today was a lot of fun. I went to orientation this morning at 8:00. One of the professors went over the ground rules for seminary. One of the rules that really stuck out was that you are not to be in possession or consume alchohol while attending Southwestern. He then went on to say that there would be no debate regarding what the bible says about drinking. It was policy, so not it was strictly an ethical decision on our part rather than a theological debate. I love that guy!

He also went over items such as, "Guys, if I see you walking down the hall with your hand in one of these ladies' back pocket, I'm gonna pull you aside and ask you what you think you are doing. If I see you in Chapel so close to one of these ladies that I can't stick a file folder between you, I'm gonna pull you aside and ask you what you think you are doing." Are you starting to get the vibe here?

But ya, that was the most interesting part of my day. That is what made orientation fun. It was mostly me sitting around all day!

In Christ,

MOC

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had fun. Seminary is a blast!

    Check out Doc Moore's post about day one:

    http://www.russellmoore.com/2009/08/18/will-the-devil-be-in-my-classroom-today/

    Blessings,

    Steve

    ReplyDelete