Saturday, July 11, 2009

Surrendering Your Life to the Ministry

From what I have gathered in at the church's I have attended, there are 4 reasons to walk down the isle: 1) Pray at the alter, 2) Lord's Supper, 3) Announce your decision of faith / join church, 4) Surrender your life to the ministry. It seems that a line has drawn between becoming a Christian and Surrendering your life to the ministry. This is a horrible misconception. I discussed this at the bottom of another post, but wanted to dedicate an entire topic to this line of thought.

As I said previously, the day that I understood that Jesus Christ is my savior is the day that unbeknown to me, my Earthly flesh and desires died. This was also the day that I unknowingly surrendered my life to the ministry. It took years for me to understand this. So does this mean that I have to quit my secular job and become a pastor or a missionary? Not quite. It means that everything in my life is to be done according to God's will. Every waking moment we spend on this Earth is to glorify God.

I think the main point that I am wanting to get across is that it is just not those that work in the church of mission field that are supposed to give up what they want in life. We are to do what we are called to do. Right now, my place is in public accounting and seminary. I am to glorify God in the work I do, in my actions, in my studies, and by evangelizing whenever the situation presents itself. This also applies to all of you who are my brothers and sisters in Christ. I think that God has finally made me strong enough to accept whatever He wants me to do and wherever He wants me to do it. We all need to be ready for this.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmmm.......interesting thought. I never thought about it this way.

    ReplyDelete