Sunday, March 7, 2010

It Is Finished

After 59 days straight of work and 85 billable hours each week, we issued our opinion on my clients annual report. I always enjoy the last few months of an audit, because it places individuals in an improbable situation for which failure and greatness can be achieved on the spectrum of outcome. More importantly, it is when corporate missionaries have the opportunity to truly witness and exhibit the qualities that immitate Christ.

One praise outside of having an outstanding performance provided by the blessings of God alone, I had about an hour or two conversation with a colleague about Christ. In one of the Saturday night extravaganzas, we ordered our dinner and were consumming the greasy greatness that was more than likely brewing underneath a heat lamp in preparation for our arrival.

As I bit into my nurishment, my friend asks me about God. He is one that grew up to know Christ. His questions were difficult. He asked the questions for which there is not a pretty, sugar-coated answer. It is easy to tell someone that they will have power in Christ. It is easy to tell someone that there will be a day in which we will not hurt. He asked, bluntly, how can a God be so loving, and send people to hell. He also questioned the general process (i.e. deathbed confessions).

As we were discussing, I was constantly praying for answers. In the end, there is a light that in burning inside of my friend. Please pray with me that he answers the calling of God.

1 comment: