Wednesday, May 27, 2009

An Unexpected Late Night

One of the downsides with my profession is that we have unexpected late nights. I just got home not too long ago, and I am about to boot up my laptop in hopes for a good 3-4 hour production stretch. I predict that this will add to the difficulty of seminary, but I am good with rolling with the punches (I don't require much sleep...which is also great for my profession!).

The strange part about it, is that I openly embrace it. I'm not saying that the devil is using days like today to try to persuade me not to continue. However, I can not completely put to rest the idea that he is not. I can not even see what the method would be that satan could even create the situation, but just a thought.

In the car this morning, I heard an absolutely fantastic verse. My dad has always said this, and in the prior weeks, I heard another pastor say that if you want answers, you have to look in the Word. You can't just ask God, receive the answer, and move on. You receive answers through diligent praying and studying of the Word. I have to get back to work here soon, so I'll be brief and just post the verse.

"But how are they to call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!"" -Romans 10:14-15

Funny how that summarizes in 2 sentences what it took me 5 paragraphs to sputter out last night. Keep in mind that it doesn't necessarily answer my prayers. Preaching can come in many forms outside of being a Pastor. Now just imagine that being read by James Earl Jones, and you will share in my excitement! (I have the New Testament on CD read by James Earl Jones. Pretty sure that is what God would sound like if He talked to me.

No new news on Seminary. The website show that they have received my application and my transcripts. My application should be complete with all of my references on or around June 18-20th depending on how fast I can get people to turn the references around.

Time to get to work!

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment