Monday, May 24, 2010

Prayer for Spiritual Strength

Last night as I was opening up my bible to spend some time with the Father, I felt the desire to open up to Paul's letter to the Ephesians. I love Ephesians. First it starts out with the acknowledgement that long before we were born, we were elected through grace by our Heavenly Father to worship Him for all of eternity.

We then get to a verse that really got me - A Prayer for Spiritual Strength. I wanted to put it on here, but I have changed the words to reflect as if this were coming from you or myself rather than in letter form from Paul. Please pray this with me:

For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, that according to the riches of his glory may he grant me to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in my inner being, so that Christ may dwell in my heart through faith - that I, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comeprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that I may be filled with all the fullness of God.

Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that I ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be the glory in te church and in christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy Ephesians too.......I pray for Spiritual strength for all of us!

    ReplyDelete